Student Dress Code
D.I.S. Dress Code 2021-2022
Students shall dress in a clean, neat and modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation of the school.
- One solid color: black, gold, white, or gray.
- Collared (polo, button-up dress shirt, turtle-neck), with appropriate buttons to the top of the garment.
- Single color black, gold, white or gray undergarments may be worn.
- No pictures or print on shirts. Material should not be sheer or see-through.
- Males should tuck-in shirts. Girls are not required to tuck-in shirts.
- There should be no gaps between shirt and pants when sitting.
Pants, Shorts, Capris:
- Solid color blue denim jeans and black denim jeans may be worn, with no pictures or print
- Black, gray, brown, khaki, or navy; blue or black denim pants may be worn, with no pictures or print
- Jeans and pants may not have rips, tear, lace, beads or other embellishments
- Shorts (same colors as noted above) must be close to the top of the knee when standing
- Tights and leggings may not be worn as pants
- If males wear pants that have belt loops, a belt must be worn
- Dresses must have collars.
- Dresses and skirts must be the same colors as pants (black, gray, brown, khaki, or navy; blue or black denim) with no pictures or print
- Hemline of dresses and skirts must be at the top of the knee when standing
- Coats, jackets and headwear worn in cold weather must be removed upon arrival.
- Coats and jackets worn in cold weather are not required to be the same colors as shirts above. Coats and jackets may not be worn during the school day.
- Light jackets and sweaters worn during the school day, must be the same colors as shirts above, with no pictures or print. Jackets and sweaters are not permitted in the cafeteria.
- Plain black, gold, white sweatshirts or school sweatshirts (pull over or zip up) may be worn over an approved collared shirt. Sweatshirts should not have an attached hood.
- Headbands must be solid colors of black, gold, gray or white.
- Students will wear shoes that attach to the feet in the front and back. No flip-flops, house shoes or shoe skates.
- Earrings or other piercings are not permitted with the following exception: a student may wear up to two pair of earrings (in ear) that are not distracting or present safety issues.
Special Days are set aside by the school administration to allow variation in the dress code. Dates will be announced and all clothing must be appropriate as defined by the principal on those days.
Other items determined by the school leadership team to be distracting to educational environment are prohibited.
Students who transfer into DCS during the year and cannot adhere to dress code immediately may submit a request to school principal upon admission to school for assistance. No student’s appearance should distract from or in any way disrupt the educational process. Parents who do not wish for their children to wear standardized dress because of religious beliefs or medical reasons must submit their reasons in writing to the school principal.